Monday, April 28, 2008

vendor spotlight: once upon a cupcake

If you have been to more than a couple of weeks in the past few years, chances are that you have seen some cupcakes. More popular than ever, cupcakes have made a name for themselves as a stand alone dessert for weddings, showers and parties.

Which is a-okay with me! I love cupcakes. I especially love cupcakes with style.

Sprinkle's simple modern designs have won over my heart.

I could eat and stare at Vanilla Bake Shop's cupcake babies every day.
*this shot is from one of my weddings :)


And another cupcake company has grabbed my attention with it's creativity: Once upon a cupcake.

A friend of a friend, Kelly, started selling her baked treasures out of her home in Orange County this past year. I have so enjoyed following her progress and seeing all of her new designs. She is truly a custom baker: she has a menu of flavor options but she can create any theme or design you want. Here is a sampling of some of the cupcakes she has created for parties and showers:











and my personal favorite, David & Goliath cupcakes! How hilarious are these?

Be sure to check her blog frequently as she is always posting new designs.

Kelly is starting to do weddings as well! Yum!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"Apes" said...

I am soooo adding her on my blog list!!!

Kristen said...

Those cupcakes are great and look so yummy!

Shan said...

And they are seriously the best things I have ever eaten!!! Try the chocolate with peanut butter frosting or fresh strawberry with strawberry frosting - both my favorites!!

christina {simply modern weddings} said...

I totally love cupcakes!