Thursday, July 02, 2009

More Red, White and Blue for you

As usual, Martha Stewart has provided endless inspiration for 4th of July decorating. I have picked out some of my favorite ideas from the MS website and also from the current issue of Better Homes and Gardens. 

First up, some decor from Martha:
I just want to hug those drink umbrellas. So cute and so easy to make!

Better Homes and Gardens had some cute easy DIY ideas:
How cute is that? It just using red, white and blue striped crepe paper.
Such an easy, but cute dessert idea: Using a star cookie cutter, cut out pound cake stars and decorate with strawberries that have also been shaped as stars using a smaller cookie cutter. 

I love these- you can download the template from Martha Stewart here.

Simple parfaits, two ways:


For a little drink inspiration, check out Real Simple's Simply Stated by Hostess with the Mostess.
I think I need to go sit by the pool and do some crafting...

No comments: